Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Mostly just an ad for stuff I plan to make.

D had his first bubble bath tonight.  It appears he did not inherit my allergy to bubbles.  It also appears that my allergy has not gone away.  Putting a two-year-old who loves to splash in a bathtub full of stuff I'm allergic to was not my smartest decision.  I know from experience that the itchy redness will fade pretty quickly though, so at least I don't have to live with my stupidity for very long. 

I've been slowly but surely working my way through my collection of material and ribbons for tag blankets.  I'll post a couple of pics of some finished products at the end, along with a couple of other projects I finished just before Christmas.  I'll be selling them for $10 for a single blanket or two for $15 if anyone is interested or knows anyone who is interested.  I can also do custom blankets, your choice of fabric and ribbons.  One day when I have free time where I'm not exhausted, I'll actually finish setting up my Etsy store.  Until then, email or Facebook will have to do for orders.

Eli comes back to the States for good on Tuesday.  I'm really happy to finally have him home, but I know it's going to be a challenging transition to a new routine.  And that routine will change again in two months when  baby NotSherlock arrives (still no name decision yet).  Eli has to start back to work right away, so my days will probably be close to the same.  It's the evenings that could get tricky.  I've gotten a bit possessive of Eli's time of late, and it becomes doubly hard when he's used to staying up until midnight and I'm ready for bed by 8:30.  You'd think with turning 40 he'd be all about ridiculously early bedtimes, but so far, he's proven resistant.  For those of your wondering about his 40th birthday trek, him and Clems encountered a bit of a problem and had to come back to Delhi early.  The porters managed to leave Clems' gear bag behind during the first part of the first day.  They didn't realize the problem until the end of the second day.  Eli and Clems had to hike back the way they'd come because Clems couldn't continue without gear.  They did find the bag eventually, but by then it was too late to complete the trek.  The company owner took responsibility and bought them plane tickets back to Delhi.  Eli claims they weren't convinced of the safety of the trip anyway.  Apparently, the porters weren't keeping up good safety habits, like making sure all the hikers made it to camp.  The group was four times bigger than it was supposed to be, so they were severely short-handed.  The lack of porters meant that Eli and Clems were leading the group even though they were newbies when it came to testing for safe ice.  Honestly, I'm glad they had to come home early because this sounds like it was going to turn into another one of Eli's "I almost died, but I got lucky" adventures.  He has way too many of those already.

Here are the promised pics:
This is the plush owl I made for my newly married friend in Texas. She loves owls and snowflakes, so I got creative with the eye design.

A cross-stitch of the kiss from Sleeping Beauty for my other friend in Texas.

Close up of the action.

The first of many tag blankets to come.

Each blanket has five different colors and textures of ribbon.

This one has Noah's ark on the front and green fuzzies on the back.

The mod blanket I made for my niece.

My brother and sister-in-law are very into music, so I found some special ribbon for them.

Their nursery is done in a red, white, and black scheme, so I chose red fuzzies for the other side of the mod dots.

No comments: