Saturday, September 28, 2013

Squiggles!

I felt the baby move last night.  It was just a little wiggle, but it was definitely not gas.  I'm getting more and more excited about having a new baby, which is awesome because I wasn't feeling particularly pregnant before now.  At least not the glowing, happy pregnant I was last time.  I want to hit some rummage sales to get some new baby clothes, but D is not one for rummaging.  Every time we've tried to stop somewhere with kid stuff, he freaks out when we leave because he wants ALL THE TOYS.  Luckily, Eli is coming home next week, so maybe he'll be willing to hang with D for a while so I can go shopping.  I've been really enjoying spending time with D again.  We went to the park the other day, and he played for a full two hours before we had to head home for dinner.  I took a lot of pics for Eli, but somehow when I moved my SD card to my new phone, those pics disappeared.  I'm really sad about that because there were some great pics in there, including a couple of smiling mommy/baby pictures.  Oh well, I guess we'll have to go back tomorrow and try again.  I did get a picture of him wearing his sunglasses like me.  It's been really sunny and nice here, so I've spent a lot of time with sunglasses on top of my head.  D seems to have noticed.  He's started mimicking everything he sees and hears.  It seems like he's growing so much faster now that I'm spending all my time with him.  I can't tell if he's really moving that fast, or if I'm just around to notice now.  Either way, I feel like Eli is missing a lot.  

We're working on D using a straw without dousing himself with whatever liquid is in the cup.  He's used to a sippy cup that he can tip upside down without it spilling.  We went to Outback Steakhouse the other day and he spilled milk on himself (and the booster chair, and the booth, and me, and the floor...) three separate times.  I decided that he's old enough to learn, so I bought him some of the same kind of sippy cup he already uses but with straws through the lids instead.  He was really excited about the straws, but I didn't realize when I gave him the cup that I hadn't snapped the lid on all the way.  I noticed before he could tip it on himself and tried to fix it.  He was holding the cup with the straw pointing right at his face.  When the lid snapped down, milk shot through the straw and sprayed him.  He looked so surprised with milk dripping down his face, but he wasn't upset.  I couldn't stop laughing.  I was trying to be calm and reassuring because he generally doesn't like to be "dirty," but it was really hard while I was shaking from silently laughing.  After that fiasco, I got him a Halloween cup from Target with a lid that twists on and a spirally crazy straw that he can't pull out.  So far, that's been the cup that's worked the best.  D still pulls the original sippy cup straws out of the drawer and chases the cat around with them, but he's forgiven me for squirting him. 

Here's D looking fabulous with his green sunglasses on crooked:
So fabulous.

No comments: