Friday, March 1, 2013

I think I broke everything.

I started the 30DS yesterday.  The hype was right.  All my muscles hurt today.  I haven't done today's shred yet because Eli is taking a test in our office/gym, but I imagine it's not going to go as well as yesterday.  I managed to do all the moves for the allotted time, but it was the weights that tripped me up.  See, our shipment still isn't here (I'll get to that in a minute), so I'm having to make due with a towel and the 5 pound weights I have here instead of my yoga mat and 2 pound weights like I'm supposed to have.  Ya'll, don't do it.  The 5 pound weights are a trap.  It was all fine until about halfway through the first circuit when my arms suddenly felt like they were going to fall off.  At that point, I had to put the weights down.  I did manage to pick them back up for some moves later on, but only because I could hold one weight with two hands.  And even that had my arms shaking.  Eli and I took before pictures today, but no one will see those unless the after pictures look fantastic.  Along with my yoga mat and 2 pound weights, we also don't have my tape measure, so I don't have measurements yet.  I did use some tape and a power cord to mark the distance, but I will have no idea what it equals until we get a tape measure.

Now, about our shipment.  We've been told twice now that our stuff is here and will be delivered on a specific day.  Both times it was a lie because our stuff wasn't in the country.  I'm not sure what the moving company was thinking when they called us and lied to our faces, but it's not working out so well for them.  Eli talked to a manager and found out that our stuff is currently in France and they have no idea when it will be leaving France because there's some kind of political unrest.  We Googled it and couldn't find anything that would merit shipments being detained, but it's possible that it hasn't made the news.  It's also possible our stuff is being sold at some market in Azerbaijan.

In other awesome news, we just realized that we left ice in the ice maker in our freezer when we left.  We winterized our house, so we turned off our power and water.  We're worried the ice has melted and ruined our floor.  Of course, there's the possibility that it hasn't gotten warm enough in our freezer for the ice to melt (we left the doors to the fridge/freezer closed).  We'll find out tomorrow probably since we're sending someone over there to check and possibly save our floors.  We are just on top of things today.

UPDATE: Day 2 is so much worse than day 1!  My thighs are going to mutiny and run off to the circus.  I need a nap and a full body massage.


No comments: