Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I'm a horrible liar.

I said I'd post about the Indian wedding we went to, and I still plan to, but that is not going to be this post.  Jetlag is kicking my arse, and it's the most I can do to get my writing and my working out in each day on top of the usual post-trip drama.  We're leaving for Florida tomorrow morning, and I still haven't unpacked my clothes from India.  That's on tap for today now that I've finished the prerequisite writing and working out.  But it has to be done before 5 because I am finally, finally getting my hair cut again.  Oh, and going to see Pitch Perfect (don't judge, I love Glee). 

Dante decided he was done sleeping for the night at around 2:30 am.  I sat with him for a while, then put him down.  He woke up again at 3:30.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  He got up at 4:15, 5:45, and finally stayed up at 7.  My night was not what you would call restful.  He's napping now (at his normal nap time), so I'm hoping he'll sleep his normal hours tonight.  Or at least something closer to normal than 2:30.  If he does do this again, I'm making Eli take some sort of shift. 

So...I missed housework.  Seriously.  I like doing things all day that make sure my house runs smoothly.  Also, I may be somewhat OCD about neatness, as I've been told several times in the last couple of days.  People keep asking me how India was, and my first response is that India is dirty.  I don't mean that in any cultural way, I mean it's physically dirty.  That was the hardest thing for me to deal with.  No one was concerned with neatness.  Imagine my joy when I got home to discover that my house had been cleaned from top to bottom just before we got back.  I mean, scrubbed, up to my standards, clean.  It made the transition so much easier for me.  On top of that, my mother-in-law stayed with us for the weekend to help with Dante.  We got a full night's sleep on Saturday night solely because of her.  Which is probably the only reason I'm not stark raving mad right now from lack of sleep. 

I keep forgetting that I got people gifts in India with the intention of giving them out at Christmas.  I'm terrible at holding onto gifts when I could just hand it over and make someone happy.  I figure that just means I'll get to shop for more presents.  Speaking of presents, I'm super excited to shop for Dante this year.  He's really gotten into his toys, so I'm hoping he'll actually play with stuff on Christmas morning.  Then again, he has more toys than I know what to do with at the moment, so maybe we'll get one big toy and only a couple of small things.  A new sippy cup, for instance, since he chewed through the nipple on one while we were in India. 

I was informed yesterday that there is some speculation about whether or not I am with child.  I'll ignore the implied insult to my figure, and let everyone know that we are, indeed, still not pregnant.  You'll be the first to know, I promise.  Well, maybe second.

And now, some random pics from the last batch of India photos (with a sneak peak of the wedding):

That's right.  We're going the wrong direction in this traffic.  No one cared.

Eli and I dressed in our wedding finery.

At this festival, they burn demons in effigy.  It was a big effigy.

Me and Isha with our good luck dots.

That sign is a warning that you should not drive your car over the edge of the pavement and into the water.  Because it needed to be said.

 

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You both look soooo nice in your Indian clothes! Squeee!