Friday, September 9, 2011

Yes, I'm still pregnant.

I've been getting a lot of sly messages that sound something like: sooo, how are you feeling?  While I admit it could be annoying, I'm enjoying it.  The messages make me feel loved, and I'm really amused that what everyone means is: are you in labor yet?  The answer is no.  I'm not in labor.  I am 39 weeks and 1 day pregnant, and I'm just as ready as everyone else to be in labor.  My doctor mentioned induction again at our appointment this morning, but this time she had me schedule an appointment early next week to talk about it specifically.  Dante is doing fine, she's just still worried about his size and my apparent lack of labor signs. 

Unless crazy hormones are a sign of labor.  I was pretty sure they were just a sign of pregnancy.  I was playing League of Legends with Eli and a friend last night, but I was sucking it up.  The two people we didn't know who were playing with us spent the entire first half of the match making jackhole comments about me and to me in the chat window.  It got to me so bad that I had to leave the room to go cry in the bathroom.  I didn't come back until the match was over.  Now, I'm not thin-skinned and I talk crap with the rest of the gamer boys, but for some reason, it pushed me over the edge into sad panda territory last night.  Eli suggested hormones.  I think he may be right.  Our son is turning me into a girl.

Now that the baby talk is out of the way, on to school!  Surprisingly, classes are going well.  My students are active (well, most of them), and I'm not having any problems keeping up so far.  Considering that I still feel drained all day despite sleeping plenty at night now, I'm pretty happy with my ability to teach.  It's still a weird transition to get up in the morning knowing I need to put in hours of work but that I don't have to go anywhere.  This is especially awesome because I've pretty much outgrown my maternity clothes.  I blame the pumpkin pies I've been making because it feels like fall.  And maybe the pumpkin muffins.  And the pumpkin pancakes I had the other night, but those were whole wheat pancakes, so healthy...right? 

Now I'm hungry. And out of pumpkin.


throw your soul through every open door
count your blessings to find what you look for

No comments: