Friday, September 2, 2011

So tired.

I need to stop waking up at 4am.  I'm trying to stay up as late as I can tonight in the hopes that my body will rest through the usual 4am wakeup cramps and restless leg syndrome.  Since I'm sure everyone is dying to know...we are officially not being induced... yet.  The Braxton-Hicks contractions are getting stronger every day, and my doctor is happy about that.  I just have to remember to sit up very straight if I want to breathe.  We had two non-stress tests this week, and Dante passed both of them beautifully.  Obviously he's not in distress, he's just small and active.  I have to get two more next week before my Friday appointment. 

Classes start on Tuesday, and I already have students emailing me with questions.  I suppose that's good since I like active students (and it shows that at least one of them knows how to use a computer), but for the first time in...well, ever...I'm a little nervous about teaching.  Not the act itself, but my ability to actually handle two full classes (40 students total) while birthing and subsequently taking care of a small human.  I keep having dreams that I'm forgetting something important for my classes.  I find myself with the strong need to constantly check my syllabi/websites/rosters/notes/etc to make sure that everything is in order.  That's actually what I was doing this morning at 5am when I gave in and admitted that I wasn't going back to sleep.  Then I went to the gym.  Thank goodness for the gym.  It makes me physically unable to check email or clean or fix anything in my life.  I can just breathe for an hour (provided I'm standing or sitting very straight) and try not to fall off the machines.  In all fairness, that only happened once and I blame my shoelace. 

Quick thanks to Natalie who gave me the awesome present today of pretty toes.  Now I have something shiny to focus on during labor. 


today i don't feel like doing anything
i just wanna lay in my bed

No comments: