Friday, August 26, 2011

Even more danish.

I'm becoming one of those pregnant women.  The ones who are incapable of talking about anything besides the baby.  Might as well enjoy it, eh?  I had my 37 week appointment today (with my regular doctor this time).  The backstory here is that Dante's tummy size is about two weeks behind.  The rest of him is appropriately sized.  I've been getting regular ultrasounds, and he's still growing.  He's just consistently small in the tummy area.  For those of you who have met Eli, this should not come as a surprise.  The doctor told me today that I would need to get two non-stress tests (where they hook me up and monitor Dante's heartbeat and my contractions) next week in addition to my regular appointment.  She also told me that it might be a good idea to induce me at 39 weeks if I haven't already had him and I have a "favorable cervix".  I want to tell my cervix to either get on the ball and do some work or be completely rude to the doctor the next time it sees her.  I really don't want to be induced, so I'm hoping I was right in my baby birthday choice of early week 39. 

In other news, I bought more danish today.  I'm addicted.


say what you mean, tell me i'm right
and let the sun rain down on me
give me a sign, i want to believe

No comments: