Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cue Hallelujah chorus

I've found my dream job.  Well, probably my dream job.  Out of curiosity, I was researching publishing internships and jobs in Southern California (because I like to be prepared), but I wasn't finding much that could work with my future plans.  Mostly because there seems to be a shortage of publishing houses everywhere except New York City, which I knew.  In desperation and boredom (and because I'm procrastinating going to the gym), I looked up jobs with Blizzard Entertainment.  Blizzard is based in Irvine, which is where I hope we end up after graduation, and it also happens to be where Eli wants to work.  They have several openings for writing jobs.  Creative writing jobs.  That's right, a job where I get to make stuff up and get paid for it.  Not only that, but their requirements involve experience with their games, knowledge of computer based role-playing games, experience creating pen and paper or live-action role playing games, and a focus on creating compelling dialogue.  They just described the last ten years of my life.  I feel like I was hand-crafted for this job.  No one tell Trent, he'll steal it out from under me.  One of my favorite aspects of World of Warcraft has always been the clever writing, and I would give an entire appendage to be able to contribute to something like that.  Maybe two.  Oh, and the game they're hiring for?  Diablo III.  Even yesser.


i wake up every evening, with a big smile on my face
and it never feels out of place

No comments: