Friday, October 16, 2009

Mmmm...tangerines.

I cleaned the bathroom earlier, and I mean I really cleaned it, OCD style.  While I was scrubbing the toilet with my tangerine-scented eco-friendly cleaning product, I had the strangest urge to do something crazy like lick the sparkling clean toilet bowl.  I did not follow through with this urge, I just want to make that clear.  But the urge was there.  I think I'll be more careful with the tangerine-scented, eco-friendly cleaning product in the future.  Maybe open a window or something.
 
I finished Bloodline, finally.  As always, if you don't want to know what happens in the book, skip ahead to the next section.  It felt like the first book in a new section of the Wings of the Night series.  There was a lot more Order of Athena than there were vamps in the book.  Rhiannon makes an appearance, but it's a short one.  I'm hoping Maggie Shayne will bring back some of the many, many vamps she's introduced so we can see how they're faring, especially Amber Lily and Edge.  There's a special place in my heart for Amber Lily because of Born in Twilight.  About Bloodline, Shayne introduces us to the DPI's latest nefarious plot: to kidnap and raise Chosen kids and brainwash them into elite vampire assassins.  The DPI is using Gregor's spidey-sense blanket thing to keep the vamps from being able to sense the Chosen, so there's a tiny connection there.  In Reaper's trilogy, there was a lot of CIA stuff going on, and it looks like that's the direction Shayne is going to go with her bad guys.  We got to meet Lilith and Ethan, as well as Ethan's brother James, and we got to know more of the Order of Athena ladies.  I'm hoping the Order eventually teams up with Rhiannon and her gang because the combination of mortal and immortal power would be a sight to behold.  I also want to see Reaper and his gang brought into the fold more fully.  If Lilith and Ethan are going against the CIA, it just makes sense that Reaper would make an appearance at some point.  The writing is excellent as always, though I had trouble believing that Serena wouldn't just tell Lilith that the "Wildborn" aren't blood-crazed animals.  She had plenty of opportunity, and she wouldn't have had to break her vows to the Order to call Rhiannon; Lilith could have called her mentally.  Obviously, if Rhiannon came charging to the rescue, we wouldn't have had that tense moment at the compound in the end that convinces Lilith that Ethan does indeed love her, but that one detail made the path there a little wonky for me.  I needed a reason for Serena to keep her silence when all her actions up to that point have been to protect Lilith.  There's no news on Shayne's site about any more upcoming books other than that she has two more plotted out and they'll be "explosive."  We'll see.

In other news, I'm in the process of converting my sewing room/library into a home office, so the house is a mess.  I plan to rectify that today.  I also plan to go to the gym, so I'd better stop procrastinating and head over there.  After that...toast.

it's peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time

No comments: