Monday, December 22, 2008

I can't find my car.

Well, I know where my car is, I just can't see it under all the snow. Yes, there really is that much snow on the ground. In my driveway in fact. Packed around my poor little Ming. (Ming is my car's name, for those of you who are not yet convinced that I'm insane.) It's literally -20 degrees outside right now, with the sun shining. And we're supposed to get 6 more inches of snow tonight, then another 7 inches on Wednesday. Yikes.

I found a veritable treasure trove of material for inspiration. Generally, to write good stuff, I have to be emotional about it. My emotions imbue the writing with emotions and voila, yummy stories of emotional goodness. So, I found two things. Isaac's myspace and several conversations with Isaac from November 2006. If you remember my history correctly, you'll realize that November 2006 was 11 months after we parted ways and period when communications were reopened. I like to think I got over his betrayal and became a stronger person, but there are moments when I'm full of such a cocktail of negative emotions, rage in the forefront. Even after all this time. From those emotions, I've started a new series of short stories. We'll see how far they go.

Volleyball was not so good on Friday. We lost all three games, though I did manage to kick the ball back over the net once. I was rather proud of that one. Playing itself was fun enough, but I like to have my hard work rewarded by winning everyone once in a while. We came close, but didn't pull it out in the end. Thus ends our holiday league at Waynz World. There is talk of a winter league on Tuesdays, so hopefully I'll have my revenge on the ball.

Christmas presents are almost ready. That's all I'm saying about that. But, Happy Yule! for all you pagans out there.

I have to go run some errands and take a nap because I'm developing a bad tendency to read all night again. Maybe if I read all day, the urge will subside at sleepy time...


second chances they don't ever matter, people never change
once a whore, you're nothing more, i'm sorry that'll never change
and about forgiveness, we're both supposed to have exchanged
i'm sorry honey, but i passed it up, now look this way...

No comments: