Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Tingle

I just finished reading Stephanie Meyers' Twilight, and I truly loved it. I was up at 4:30am because I couldn't put it down once I started it. The best part is that it made me think-about my writing, about what I like to read, about human connections-and I found myself with the Tingle. I haven't really felt the Tingle in too many months. Like the muse was taking a little hiatus before we got back on track with the educational part of my life. The passionate need to write is fizzing just under my skin, and I can't wait to indulge it.

Tomorrow I plan to work on my novel. Which one, you ask? Doesn't matter as long as I'm writing. My new goals are: 1) a page a day Monday through Friday and 2) sticking with the same story. I'll work on my short stories for class on the weekends. Weekdays are for my career.

As an extra bonus, I'm doing a public reading next Thursday. Should be fun. I'll let you all know if I trip or flash the audience or something equally embarrassing.

2 comments:

Bryan Tarpley said...

glad it's a tingle and not a tinkle. the latter isn't usually as conducive to writing :)

Rae said...

Lol, yes, but the tinkle is so much easier to appease.